Velocity Escape Card is an entry card with no annual fee. Velocity Escape Card is issued by American Express. Cardholders earn additional 0.25 velocity points per one dollar spent till April 2019, with the regular 0.75 velocity point per one dollar spent.
ADVANTAGES OF VELOCITY ESCAPE CARD.
- Charges no annual fee and no points cap
- Cardholders earn 0.75 Velocity Point per $1 spent on everyday purchases, and 0.5 points per $1 spent with government bodies. Until 14 April 2019, cardholders earn an additional 0.25 additional Velocity Points per $1 spent, except for spend at government bodies in Australia. You also earn 1 additional Velocity Point per $1 spent on purchases with Virgin Australia
- There’s 0% p.a. balance transfer offer
- You can earn more Velocity Points, by sharing your account with someone, and requesting an additional card for them at no extra cost.
- Eligible items you purchase with this card, gets purchase protection insurance for repairs or refunds if they get accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days.
- The Refund Protection Insurance comes in handy when you are refused a refund on an unused eligible item within 90 days of the purchase.
- Offers 24 hours support for lost or stolen cards
- There’s online fraud protection for unauthorized charges made without your consent while shopping online.
- Use your card to make mobile payments thru Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, if you have a compatible device.
KNOWS THE FEES AND RATE
- Minimum Credit Limit is $2,000.
- Annual Fee is $0 p.a.
- Maximum Balance Transfer Amount is $10,000
- Balance Transfer Limit is 70% of available credit limit
- InterestFree Period is Up to 55 days on purchases
- Balance Transfer Rate is 0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee
- Purchase Rate (p.a.) is 20.74% p.a.
- Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX) is 3% of transaction value
- Balance Transfer Revert Rate is Purchase Rate (20.74% p.a.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE BEFORE YOU APPLY FOR VELOCITY ESCAPE CARD
To be eligible to apply;
- Must be at least 18 of age
- Should earn at least $40,000 a year
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (Subclass 457).
- No history of bad debt or payment default.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR VELOCITY ESCAPE CARD
- Scroll to American Express secure application page
- Key in the following; Title, Legal first name, Middle name (optional), Legal last name, Email address, Mobile phone number, Home phone number, Date of birth, Driver’s license number (optional), Residential Street address
- How long have you lived at this address?
- Your annual salary before tax
- Tick the box, if you have another American Express Issued Card
- Tap on the “Save & Continue” tab.
WAYS TO RECOVER LOST OR STPLEN CARD
To recover a lost or stolen card,
Call at 1300 363 687, in Australia or by contacting the nearest American Express Travel Service or office overseas.
STEPS TO ACTIVATE VELOCITY ESCAPE CARD
- Scroll to americanexpress.com
- On the welcome page, enter your 4 Digits Card ID, 15 Digits Card Number
- Tap on “Confirm” option
- On the next page, enter your account and basic contact details, you provided while you started the account
- Lastly, tap the “Finish” button.
To activate your card call at 1300 132 639
STEPS TO LOG IN
- Scroll to the login page
- Enter your User ID and Password
- Tap on the “Log In” link.
RECOVER YOUR VELOCITY ESCAPE CARD USERNAME AND PASSWORD
- Scroll to the login page, and tap on the “Forgot User ID or Password” link
- Enter your 15-digit number on the front of your card.
- Enter your 4-digit Card ID
- Tap on the “Continue”
- In the next step, you are to retrieve your User ID
- Step three, Verify Identity
- Lastly, update your password.
STEPS TO MAKE BILL PAYMENT
Scroll to the card page
Choose any method of payment that suits you and pay your outstanding bills before the due date.
THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER FOR VELOCITY ESCAPE CARD
Call: 1300 132 639, for general information and enquiries on Velocity Escape.